Cet article est également disponible en : Français
4th October to 4th November 2018
(1) 2018 will be the 8th year since the launch of our first China Screen Festival. Over the years, the showcase has established itself as the most reliable source of premium, creative documentaries about China, made by contemporary Chinese filmmakers. Avoiding « Propaganda » as well as « Underground » and « Eurocentrism » , it has become a trustworthy window into the real China, while being witness to the rising level of documentary Cinema in China.
(2) Initially focussed on Paris as the leading European venue for creative and cultural events, China Screen has branched out since 2013 to be showcased in other European cities. Italy (Roma, Torino, Milano, Napoli…), Greece, Belgium and Finland (Helsinki, Tampere…).This year, in 2018, it will also be present in Germany (Berlin) and Poland (Warsaw). We are open to enter into partnerships in even more European Cities. Please contact us if there is an interest for your city.
(3) The core time of the Festival 2018 will be from Oct 4 through to Nov 4. We hope to invite again 4 or 5 Chinese filmmakers to come to Europe, to participate in the event and present their films.
(4) We are now calling for films for this year’s competition. The application as well as the festival regulations are available for downloading on our website. We are looking for recent feature documentaries made by Chinese Filmmakers (60 mins and more) focussing on issues related to contemporary China.
(5) Like in previous years, an international Jury will judge the up to 8 films in this years official competition and award the two prizes that are at stake. The Jury president of this year as well as the other Jury members will be announced during the summer.
(6) Also like in previous years, we count on the strategic partnerships with GZDOC, the Guangzhou international Documentary Festival, Institut Ricci in Paris, the Confucius Institutes in Rome, Bruxelles and Munich, the Institut National de l’Audiovisuel (INA) from France, the Fondation Victor Segalen to name only a few.
Michel NOLL, Founder and President of the China Screen Festival